It as super nice and relaxing in Alaska, my family and I decided to go on a week long Alaskan cruise with my extended family. Talk about a family reunion for the first time in ten years!
We went on the Norwegian cruise and it was breathtaking. Here are some stopping points during our cruise trip:
Day 2: Cruise day
Day 3: Juneau
- Sight recommendation: Mendenhall glacier Explorer
- A shuttle bus will drive you to the foot of a national park and do a tour overlooking the glacier. They also give you around 2.5 hours to check out the hikes and the glacier.
Day 4: Skagway
- White Pass Scenic Railway
- Amazingly scenic train ride through the mountains of Skagway, Alaska.
Day 5: Glacier Bay
- This was one of my favorite stops on the cruise, as the cruise ship toured around the different glaciers in the bay. I recall waking up early to head to the gym, and the treadmill was facing the most beautiful glacier I had ever seen.
Day 6 Ketchikan
- This cute town is known for their Native American totem poles and it is the southernmost entrance to Alaska's passage.
Day 7 British Columbia
- Our cruise ship arrived in Canada at 8 PM, and it was quite late. Our family booked a shuttle tour around British Columbia and paid $200 USD for it. I highly DO NOT recommend doing this. Instead, take an Uber and explore the different unique parts of British Columbia during the allotted time.
Day 8: Back in Seattle
- During your return to Seattle, I highly recommend getting a later flight so you can explore the city. Our family decided to get a hotel room and leave our 20 pieces of luggage there while we chose to explore the beautiful Pike Place.
Thanks for taking the time to read this blog post!